Wednesday, August 6, 2014

First World Problems Wednesday...ItWorks Wraps.

As a stay at home mom, I'm always looking for new fun ways to bring in my own bit of income...Avon, Tupperware, Scentsy...and my latest encounter, ItWorks Wraps.

I had wanted to become an independant distributor...but because of us being a one income family, I didn't want to pay the fees upfront, so I went to work preselling some body wraps that would in turn pay for the kit to get started. Everything was great, it took some hard work and perseverance, but I presold the 4 wraps needed to "get started."

Just so everyone's on the same page....the website says it's $99, totaling with tax or delievery to 120$ for your independant distributor kit, you get 1 box of Ultimate Body Applicators (which is 4 wraps), "Marketing Tools" which I can only assume to be flyer's and business cards, a month free of itwork's e-suite, and your own "website" free for the month, and it also makes you qualified for commission for the month that you join.

Like I said, I presold, which meant I got prepaid for the product. Trying to join the website was REDICULOUS.

Problem no. 1: They have a bunch of little boxes you have to fill out regarding your "
Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding."  I had absolutely no idea was that was....the woman who was helping me, was telling me exactly what to put in the boxes, but not WHY I was putting this into the boxes. 
Problem no. 2: I was getting an error message saying that my card was declined. It's a prepaid card, I figured that was the problem so rather than going to the lady who was helping me on facebook, I called the company's customer service line.....10 minutes later, I found the problem was the currency change (not just on a pre-paid card, a lot of other credit cards have a charge for currency changes...so my hubby says...). The website APPARENTLY is all in US dollars, though it is not stated anywhere on the website....what they actually said shocked the crap out of me. 

"Well, the dollar sign is in the front."

me: "wait...you don't think we put the dollar sign in the front of the number?"

"that's not what I said."

me: "no...but that's what you implied. You implied that Canadian's put their dollar sign somewhere other than the beginning of the number."

Wait...WHY wouldn't I put the dollar sign in the front? Why wouldn't they just put US in the front of the dollar sign ( US$0.00), or put underneath that all prices are in US dollars? Why wouldn't they automatically calculate the currency exchange on their website upon checkout like MOST websites do?

I don't know.

Problem no. 3: The Independant Distributor that I went to gave me the link to her personal ItWorks website....which clearly said Canada on it....and the prices were still in US Dollars....I don't know what's up with that. That's an actual screen shot of the website, with all of my personal information covered up, and the distributor's name cut off....I could be crazy, or that could be a Canadian distributor's website....Just noticed, there's NO dollar sign at all.

Problem no. 4: I confronted the Independant distributor about this issue and I'm pretty sure she thought I was crazy....she kept saying "we were only charged 120 for it, and we never had this problem. That was no help....she didn't really help with that problem at all actually. The customer service line was no help, the supervisor's weren't any help....the entire thing was an actual waste of my time.

I thought the entire thing was a horrible experience, and I really don't want to ever encounter a problem like that ever again....I almost made the decision to become an independant distrubtor for a product where lying and false advertising is considered to be ok, and perfectly acceptable,


No comments:

Post a Comment