Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Post About My Health Journey.

Maybe it's just a New Year's resolution, but recently I got fed up with everything and started my family on this healthy eating-exercising thing. I've come to terms with a few things....like having a water retention problem is rediculously rediculous and while it SHOULD be easy to manage, I have the worst time in the world managing....and how good Vanilla Protein powder is in coffee (it's one thing I can't give up...). I mean, vanilla coffee is good on it's own, and I feel good thinking that I'm drinking a "healthy" Timmy-ho's double double.

My mother had a big weight problem when I was growing up, she struggled a ton with it and at her heaviest she also got diagnosed with MS, making it that much harder on everyone since over the course of 5 years she went from being independant to being completely dependant on other people to help her do things like use the bathroom. I don't know if there's a whole lot of research of weight problems being genetic, but after...ahem....puberty...I started having a huge problem with weight management (I suppose being pregnant twice didn't help....).

I don't want to eat right and exercise to specifically lose weight. I want to eat right and exercise to get healthy. If I lose a few l b's along the way, GREAT. If I don't.....I'll probably call my doctor and yell at her because there'll be something extremely wrong with me.

Also, I don't know if anyone's ever had those Arizona green tea with ginseng and honey drinks....but you can make your own at home with the tea bags (they sell green tea with ginseng and honey), a juice container, and a few sugar cubes (I like the cubes because I can monitor how much I put in.) for taste (not a huge fan of green tea.....never have been, trying to get used to it. My great-grandfather apparently was a tea taster for Red Rose back in the day, so I grew up drinking it just like my mother and grandmother.). 3 Teabags for 1 container (2L), and it'll last you a good few days depending on how much you drink it.


I also never thought I'd be doing so much research about Kale. Not that there's anything wrong with Kale, but I'm still wondering what's the deal with Kale....it just seems like there's a whole big world of greens out there, what's the difference between kale and regular mixed greens!? WHY IS KALE SO HOT RIGHT NOW?!

Cabbage is just the worst. I don't mind eating it, but there's some "detox" or "weight loss" reciepes that are like "eat this cabbage soup every day for a week and lose a guaranteed 10lbs." Of course you're going to lose weight with cabbage and nothing else....cabbage soup is awful.

So today, I'm putting a new board on the Thrifty Gal pinterest. Health and Fitness. You'll soon be able to check out all my awesome health related pins to find easy exercises, yum yum recipes (good for kids too!), and maybe even an inspirational quote or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment